Junior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
You think, dream, and breathe code? You are interested in real-time audio signal processing?
Great! Join our team and shape the future of audio technology with us.
About Brandenburg Labs
At Brandenburg Labs, we strive to create cutting-edge audio technology that is inspired by how
we listen to the world. We make immersive audio for headphones as intuitive as real life,
enabling everyone to dive deep into any soundscape. Our technology simulates how sound
propagates in the real world, making it indistinguishable from reality. Our company relies on a
substantial network and extensive knowledge in the fields of basic and applied research, also
based on the expertise of our founder, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karlheinz Brandenburg, best known as co-
inventor of mp3. As a spin-off company of the Technische Universität Ilmenau and the
Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology, Brandenburg Labs can draw on many years
of research in the audio field at these institutions.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to contribute to our team of audio enthusiasts.
Your task is to help to design and build a scalable, highly performant Software Library, which
will be the foundation of our future products from the ground up. You will help to transform
cutting-edge research into product-ready software.
What we need
• University degree in Computer Science, Media Engineering, Mathematics, or related
• Good grasp of software architecture
• Knowledge in software development with C++ or Rust• First experience in realtime DSP or embedded programming
• Familiarity with data-oriented programming
• Passion for audio technologies and acoustics
• Excellent problem understanding and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in English (orally and in writing), optionally in German
What we offer
• A dynamic and motivated team and the vibrant atmosphere of a startup company
• Opportunity to develop new technologies and revolutionary products
• Exciting and varied tasks which you actively shape and organize for yourself
• You will actively shape the journey of our young company
• Flat hierarchies
• Possibility to participate in international audio related conferences and events
• An excellent office space in the heart of Germany
• Up to 50% remote work possible
• Flexible working hours
• Fair pay oriented on the current public sector wage agreement (TVöD)
Brandenburg Labs stands for humanity, diversity, respect and tolerance. We are looking for
unique personalities and we are happy to receive your application no matter where you are
coming from, who you love or what you believe in.
Please send us your application with full CV and letter of motivation via Email to:
You have more questions concerning the job offer or our application process? Feel free to write
us an Email to the above mentioned address or give us a call under:
+49 (0)3677 668190 / +49-(0)3677-8749075